Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Red yeast rice versus placebo in dyslipidemic, statin-intolerant patients enrolled in a therapeutic lifestyle program: a randomized, controlled trial.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 150: 830-839
- Tolerability of red yeast rice (2,400 mg twice daily) versus pravastatin (20 mg twice daily) in patients with previous statin intolerance.Am J Cardiol. 2010; 105: 198-204
The 2009 Supplement Business Report. Boulder, CO: Nutrition Business Journal; 2009:44.
- HypoCol (red yeast rice) lowers plasma cholesterol—a randomized placebo controlled study.Scand Cardiovasc J. 2010; 44: 197-200
- Citrinin, an inhibitor of cholesterol synthesis.J Antibiot (Tokyo). 1976; 29: 841-843
- Mutagenicity of commercial Monascus fermentation products and the role of citrinin contamination.Mutation Red. 1999; 444: 7-16
- Chinese red yeast rice (Monascus purpureus) for primary hyperlipidemia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Chin Med. 2006; I4
- Effects of Xuezhikang, an extract from red yeast Chinese rice, on coronary events in a Chinese population with previous myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 101: 1689-1693
Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, Public Laq 103–417, 103rd Congress. General Dietary Supplement Labeling. Chapter I. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/DietarySupplements/DietarySupplementlabelingguide/ucm070519.htm#1-1. Accessed March 3, 2012.
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA issues dietary supplements final rule. FDA News. Guidance for Industry: Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packaging, Labeling, or Holding Operations for Dietary Supplements; Small Entity Compliance Guide. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/SmallBusinessesSmallEntityComplianceGuides/ucm238182.htm. Accessed March 3, 2010.
- Commentary: lipid-lowering therapy in low risk patients.JAMA. 1998; 179: 1659-1661
- Marked variability of monacolin levels in commercial red yeast rice products: buyer beware.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1722-1727
- An analysis of nine proprietary Chinese red yeast rice dietary supplements: implications of variability in chemical profile and contents.J Altern Complement Med. 2001; 7: 133-139
- Adverse event monitoring and multivitamin-multimineral dietary supplement.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 323S-324S
- Dietary supplements in a national survey: prevalence of use and reports of adverse events.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 1966-1974
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database [Internet Database]. Stockton, CA: Therapeutic Research Faculty. Updated periodically.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database.J Med Libr Assoc. 2002; 90: 114
United Stated Pharmacopeia Verified Dietary Supplements. Rockville, MD: United States Pharmacopeia; Updated periodically.
ConsumerLab.com. White Plains, NY: ConsumerLab.com, LLC; Updated periodically.
National Sanitation Foundation. Ann Arbor, MI: NSF International; Updated periodically.
Natural Products Association. Washington, DC: Natural Products Association; Updated periodically.
- Mevacor (lovastatin).Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJMay 2010
- Understanding Statin Use in America and Gaps in Patient Education (USAGE): An internet-based survey of 10,138 current and former statin users.J Clin Lipidol. 2012; 6: 208-215
- Co-administration of statins with cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors in a UK primary care population.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2012; 21: 485-493