- •Low HDL-C and high TC/HDL ratio are strongly associated with plaque characteristics.
- •Mechanistic evidence to support protective role of HDL-C and TC/HDL ratio.
- •Lipid ratios indicate atherogenic/antiatherogenic cholesterol balance.
- •TC/HDL indicates lipoprotein particle size/number disparity with cholesterol content.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Global Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases and Risks: a Compass for Global Action.J Am Coll Cardiol. Dec 22 2020; 76: 2980-2981https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2020.11.021
- Optimized prognostic score for coronary computed tomographic angiography: results from the CONFIRM registry (COronary CT Angiography EvaluatioN For Clinical Outcomes: an InteRnational Multicenter Registry).J Am Coll Cardiol. Jul 30 2013; 62: 468-476https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2013.04.064
- Predictive Value of Age- and Sex-Specific Nomograms of Global Plaque Burden on Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography for Major Cardiac Events.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. Mar 2017; 10https://doi.org/10.1161/circimaging.116.004896
- Use of High-Risk Coronary Atherosclerotic Plaque Detection for Risk Stratification of Patients With Stable Chest Pain: a Secondary Analysis of the PROMISE Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA Cardiol. Feb 1 2018; 3: 144-152https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2017.4973
- Impact of Lipids on Cardiovascular Health: JACC Health Promotion Series.J Am Coll Cardiol. Sep 4 2018; 72: 1141-1156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.06.046
- Trajectories of Blood Lipid Concentrations Over the Adult Life Course and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and All-Cause Mortality: observations From the Framingham Study Over 35 Years.J Am Heart Assoc. Jun 4 2019; 8e011433https://doi.org/10.1161/jaha.118.011433
- Time Course of LDL Cholesterol Exposure and Cardiovascular Disease Event Risk.J Am Coll Cardiol. Sep 29 2020; 76: 1507-1516https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2020.07.059
Gordon D.J., Probstfield J.L., Garrison R.J., et al. High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. Four prospective American studies. Circulation. Jan 1989;79(1):8–15. doi:10.1161/01.cir.79.1.8
- Total cholesterol/HDL-cholesterol ratio discordance with LDL-cholesterol and non-HDL-cholesterol and incidence of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in primary prevention: the ARIC study.Eur J Prev Cardiol. Oct 2020; 27: 1597-1605https://doi.org/10.1177/2047487319862401
- HDL-cholesterol and cardiovascular disease: rethinking our approach.Curr Opin Cardiol. Sep 2015; 30: 536-542https://doi.org/10.1097/HCO.0000000000000211
- Managing the residual cardiovascular disease risk associated with HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides in statin-treated patients: a clinical update.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. Sep 2013; 23: 799-807https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2013.05.002
- The ratio of total cholesterol to high density lipoprotein cholesterol and myocardial infarction in Women's health in the Lund area (WHILA): a 17-year follow-up cohort study.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. Oct 29 2019; 19: 239https://doi.org/10.1186/s12872-019-1228-7
- Usefulness of total cholesterol/HDL-cholesterol ratio in the management of diabetic dyslipidaemia.Diabet Med. Jan 2005; 22: 26-31https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1464-5491.2004.01341.x
- HDL Cholesterol, Very Low Levels of LDL Cholesterol, and Cardiovascular Events.New England Journal of Medicine. 2007; 357 (2007/09/27): 1301-1310https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa064278
- Translating Evidence of HDL and Plaque Regression.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. Sep 2018; 38: 1961-1968https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.307026
- Lipid and lipoprotein measurements and the risk of ischemic vascular events: framingham Study.Neurology. Feb 3 2015; 84: 472-479https://doi.org/10.1212/wnl.0000000000001202
- HDL Cholesterol Metabolism and the Risk of CHD: new Insights from Human Genetics.Curr Cardiol Rep. Nov 4 2017; 19: 132https://doi.org/10.1007/s11886-017-0940-0
- Comparison of lipid parameters to predict cardiovascular events in Japanese mild-to-moderate hypercholesterolemic patients with and without type 2 diabetes: subanalysis of the MEGA study.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. Mar 2016; 113: 14-22https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2015.12.002
- Plasma HDL cholesterol and risk of myocardial infarction: a mendelian randomisation study.Lancet. Aug 11 2012; 380: 572-580https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60312-2
- Regression of atherosclerotic lesions by high density lipoprotein plasma fraction in the cholesterol-fed rabbit.J Clin Invest. Apr 1990; 85: 1234-1241https://doi.org/10.1172/jci114558
- Rationale and design of the CONFIRM (COronary CT Angiography EvaluatioN For Clinical Outcomes: an InteRnational Multicenter) Registry.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. Mar-Apr 2011; 5: 84-92https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcct.2011.01.007
- Changes in Coronary Plaque Volume: comparison of Serial Measurements on Intravascular Ultrasound and Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography.Texas Heart Institute J. 2018; 45: 84-91https://doi.org/10.14503/THIJ-15-5212
- Effect of statin treatment on coronary plaque progression - a serial coronary CT angiography study.Atherosclerosis. Dec 2013; 231: 198-204https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2013.08.019
- Randomized trial of rivaroxaban versus warfarin in the evaluation of progression of coronary atherosclerosis.Am Heart J. Dec 2018; 206: 127-130https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2018.08.007
- Plaque progression assessed by a novel semi-automated quantitative plaque software on coronary computed tomography angiography between diabetes and non-diabetes patients: a propensity-score matching study.Atherosclerosis. 2016; 255 (DEC): 73-79https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2016.11.004
- Inter-observer reproducibility in a novel semi-automated coronary plaque quantification software.J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2014; 8: S57
- PCNA Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol: a Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2018; 139 (. AHA/ACC/AACVPR/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/ADA/AGS/APhA/ASPC/NLA/ 2019/06/18 2019): e1082-e1143https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000625
- Statins, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and regression of coronary atherosclerosis.JAMA. Feb 7 2007; 297: 499-508https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.297.5.499
- Association of high-density lipoprotein levels with baseline coronary plaque volumes by coronary CTA in the EVAPORATE trial.Atherosclerosis. Jul 2020; 305: 34-41https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2020.05.014
- HDL cholesterol, leptin and interleukin-6 predict high risk coronary anatomy assessed by CT angiography in patients with stable chest pain.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 241 (2015/07/01/): 55-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2015.04.811
- Implications of Total to High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Ratio Discordance With Alternative Lipid Parameters for Coronary Atheroma Progression and Cardiovascular Events.Am J Cardiol. Sep 1 2016; 118: 647-655https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2016.06.021
- Circulating lipid levels and risk of coronary artery disease in a large group of patients undergoing coronary angiography.J Thromb Thrombolysis. Jan 2015; 39: 15-22https://doi.org/10.1007/s11239-014-1069-2
- Total cholesterol/HDL-C ratio versus non-HDL-C as predictors for ischemic heart disease: a 17-year follow-up study of women in southern Sweden.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2021; 21 (163–163)https://doi.org/10.1186/s12872-021-01971-1
- The Relationship Between Premature Myocardial Infarction with TC/HDL-C Ratio Subgroups in a Multiple Risk Factor Model.Adv J Emerg Med. 2019; 3 (Summer): e24https://doi.org/10.22114/ajem.v0i0.149
- Randomised trial of coconut oil, olive oil or butter on blood lipids and other cardiovascular risk factors in healthy men and women.BMJ Open. Mar 6 2018; 8e020167https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-020167
- Predictors of 14-year changes in the total cholesterol to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio in men.Am Heart J. Jun 2004; 147: 1033-1038https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ahj.2003.11.018
- The effect of a high-intensity interval training program on high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in young men.J Strength Cond Res. Mar 2009; 23: 587-592https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e318198fd28
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol and particle concentrations, carotid atherosclerosis, and coronary events: MESA (multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis).J Am Coll Cardiol. Aug 7 2012; 60: 508-516https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2012.03.060
- High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Cause-Specific Mortality in Individuals Without Previous Cardiovascular Conditions: the CANHEART Study.J Am Coll Cardiol. Nov 8 2016; 68: 2073-2083https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2016.08.038