- •Defining FH patients destined not to develop disease has significant implications.
- •This study shows that a low SAFEHEART-Risk Equation score was predictor of OR-FH.
- •This risk equation may be useful to detect who may require less intensive treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Familial hypercholesterolaemia: evolving knowledge for designing adaptive models of care.Nat Rev Cardiol. 2020; 17: 360-377https://doi.org/10.1038/s41569-019-0325-8
- A resilient type of familial hypercholesterolaemia: case-control follow-up of genetically characterized older patients in the SAFEHEART cohort.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2021; Dec 2 (zwab(Epub ahead of print))https://doi.org/10.1093/eurjpc/zwab185
- Predicting cardiovascular events in familial hypercholesterolemia: the SAFEHEART registry (Spanish Familial hypercholesterolemia cohort study).Circulation. 2017; 135: 2133-2144https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.116.024541
- Familial hypercholesterolemia and cardiovascular disease in older individuals.Atherosclerosis. 2021; 318: 32-37https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2020.12.012
- Identifying markers of cardiovascular event-free survival in familial hypercholesterolemia.J Clin Med. 2020; 10: 64https://doi.org/10.3390/jcm10010064
- Familial hypercholesterolemia in a healthy elderly population.Circ Genom Precis Med. 2020; 13: 337-339https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCGEN.120.002938
- Coronary computed tomographic angiography findings and their therapeutic implications in asymptomatic patients with familial hypercholesterolemia. Lessons from the SAFEHEART study.J Clin Lipidol. 2018; 12: 948-957https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2018.04.003
- Cardiovascular risk-estimation systems in primary prevention: do they differ? do they make a difference? can we see the future?.Circulation. 2010; 122: 300-310https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.109.852756
- Polygenic background modifies penetrance of monogenic variants for tier 1 genomic conditions.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 3635https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-17374-3
For the SAFEHEART investigators (https://www.colesterolfamiliar.org/en/safeheart-study/lipid-clinics-participating-in-the-study/)