- •Four subjects with familial chylomicronemia syndrome were identified.
- •Sixty-year clinical/biochemical follow-up was performed in 2 affected patients.
- •Genetic analysis disclosed a single LPL gene defect (c.984 G>T) in homozygosity.
- •Cardiovascular disease/pancreatitis prevalence and long-term survival are discussed.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Familial lipoprotein lipase deficiency, apo C-II deficiency, and hepatic lipase deficiency.in: Scriver CR The Metabolic & Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease. Mc Graw Hill, New York2001: 2789-2816
- Familial chylomicronemia syndrome: a rare but devastating autosomal recessive disorder characterized by refractory hypertriglyceridemia and recurrent pancreatitis.Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2020; 30: 80-85
- Genetics of hypertriglyceridemia.Front Endocrinol. 2020; 11: 455
- The burden of familial chylomicronemia syndrome: Results from the global IN-FOCUS study.J Clin Lipidol. 2018; 12: 898-907
- Familial lipoprotein lipase and apolipoprotein C-II deficiency. Lipoprotein and apoprotein analysis, adipose tissue and hepatic lipoprotein lipase levels in seven patients and their first degree relatives.Atherosclerosis. 1983; 49: 55-68
- Modifications of plasma lipoproteins after lipase activation in patients with chylomicronemia.J Lipid Res. 1986; 27: 1248-1258
- Measurement of two plasma triglyceride lipases by an immunochemical method. Studies in patients with hypertriglyceridemia.J Lipid Res. 1976; 14: 203-210
- Spectrum of mutations of the LPL gene identified in Italy in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia.Atherosclerosis. 2015; 241: 79-86
- Familial lipoprotein lipase (LPL) deficiency: a catalogue of LPL gene mutations identified in 20 patients from the UK, Sweden and Italy.Human Mutat. 1997; 10: 465-473
- Support for founder effect for two lipoprotein lipase (LPL) gene mutations in French Canadians by analysis of GT microsatellites flanking the LPL gene.Hum Genet. 1993; 91: 312-316
- Hyperchylomicronemia: a neglected disease?.Italian J Med. 2009; 3: 189-190
- Chylomicronemia syndrome: Familial or not?.J Clin Lipidol. 2020; 14: 201-206
- Combined hyperlipidemia: familial but not (usually) monogenic.Curr Opin Lipidol. 2016; 27: 131-140
- Current knowledge of hypertriglyceridemic pancreatitis.Eur J Intern Med. 2014; 25: 689-694
- Incidence of pancreatitis, secondary causes, and treatment of patients referred to a specialty lipid clinic with severe hypertriglyceridemia: a retrospective cohort study.Lipids Health Dis. 2011; 10: 157
- Global incidence and mortality of pancreatic diseases: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression of population-based cohort studies.Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 1: 45-55
- Disappearance of recurrent pancreatitis after splenectomy in familial chylomicronemia syndrome.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 275: 342-345
- Premature atherosclerosis in patients with familial chylomicronemia caused by mutations in the Lipoprotein Lipase gene.New Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 848-854
- Triglyceride-rich lipoproteins: their role in atherosclerosis.Rev Invest Clin. 2022; 74: 61-70
- Molecular analysis of three known and one novel LPL variants in patients with type I hyperlipoproteinemia.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2018; 28: 158-164