- •Very low albumin levels are associated with hypercholesterolemia.
- •Congenital analbuminemia (CAA) is a rare cause of hyperlipidemia.
- •CAA is established by genetic testing of ALB.
- •Early diagnosis may enable earlier lipid therapy to prevent coronary artery disease.
- •This is the first report of PCSK9 inhibitor for hyperlipidemia associated with CAA.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Serum albumin and cardiovascular disease: state-of-the-art review.Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris). 2020; 69: 192-200
- Prognostic implications of serum albumin levels in patients with acute coronary syndromes.Am J Cardiol. 2017; 119: 951-958
- Hypoalbuminemia and clinical outcomes: what is the mechanism behind the relationship?.Am Surg. 2017; 83: 1220-1227
- Dyslipidaemia in nephrotic syndrome: mechanisms and treatment.Nat Rev Nephrol. 2018; 14: 57-70
Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man, OMIM. MIM number: 616000: Analbuminemia; ANALBA. https://www.omim.org/entry/616000. Accessed 11 May 2022.
- Diagnosis, phenotype, and molecular genetics of congenital analbuminemia.Front Genet. 2019; 10: 336
- Variations in the human serum albumin gene: molecular and functional aspects.Int J Mol Sci. 2022; 23: 1159
- Perinatal and childhood morbidity and mortality in congenital analbuminemia.Paediatr Child Health. 2012; 17: e20-e23
- Congenital analbuminaemia: molecular defects and biochemical and clinical aspects.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013; 1830: 5494-5502
- Treatment of severe hypercholesterolemia with atorvastatin in congenital analbuminemia.Am J Med. 2004; 117: 803-804
- Lipid profile and thyroid hormone concentrations in children with epilepsy treated with oxcarbazepine monotherapy: a prospective long-term study.Eur J Neurol. 2014; 21: 118-123
- Non-genetic influences on lipoprotein(a) concentrations.Atherosclerosis. 2022; 349: 53-62
- Secretion of the epithelial sodium channel chaperone PCSK9 from the cortical collecting duct links sodium retention with hypercholesterolemia in nephrotic syndrome.Kidney Int. 2020; 98: 1449-1460
- Coronary artery bypass surgery in a patient with analbuminemia.Tex Heart Inst J. 2011; 38: 85-87
- Effect of pelacarsen on lipoprotein(a) cholesterol and corrected low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022; 79: 1035-1046