- •Precisely assessed intake and circulating fatty acid levels were compared.
- •Participants had similar genetic backgrounds but varying fish intakes.
- •Marine-derived n-3 fatty acids showed a high correlation and a linear association.
- •Biosource is promising for the assessment of marine-derived n-3 fatty acids intake.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Increased consumption of fruit and vegetables is related to a reduced risk of coronary heart disease: meta-analysis of cohort studies.J Hum Hypertens. 2007; 21: 717-728https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1002212
- Omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: effects on risk factors, molecular pathways, and clinical events.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 2047-2067https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2011.06.063
- Dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: possible effect modification by gender and age.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 141-149https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh193
- Dietary Factors.in: Colditz GA Hunter D Cancer Prevention: The Causes and Prevention of Cancer. Springer Netherlands, Dordrecht2000: 17-23
- Fatty acid composition of adipose tissue and blood in humans and its use as a biomarker of dietary intake.Prog Lipid Res. 2008; 47: 348-380https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plipres.2008.03.003
- Evaluation of a food frequency questionnaire with weighed records, fatty acids, and alpha-tocopherol in adipose tissue and serum.Am J Epidemiol. 1999; 150: 75-87https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a009921
- Plasma n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids as biomarkers of their dietary intakes: a cross-sectional study within a cohort of middle-aged French men and women.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008; 62: 1155-1161https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602836
- Plasma phospholipid fatty acid composition as a biomarker of habitual dietary fat intake in an ethnically diverse cohort.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2007; 17: 415-426https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2006.04.005
- Single measurement of serum phospholipid fatty acid as a biomarker of specific fatty acid intake in middle-aged Japanese men.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2001; 55: 643-650https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1601194
- Plasma fatty acid composition as an indicator of habitual dietary fat intake in middle-aged adults. The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study Investigators.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 62: 564-571https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/62.3.564
- Comparison between plasma and erythrocyte fatty acid content as biomarkers of fatty acid intake in US women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86: 74-81https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/86.1.74
- Cardiovascular risk reduction with icosapent tthyl for hypertriglyceridemia.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 11-22https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1812792
- Marine n-3 fatty acids and prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 23-32https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1811403
- The ASCEND Study Collaborative Group: Effects of n-3 fatty acid supplements in Diabetes Mellitus.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 1540-1550https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1804989
- Effect of high-dose omega-3 fatty acids vs corn oil on major adverse cardiovascular events in patients at high cardiovascular risk: The STRENGTH randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2020; 324: 2268-2280https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2020.22258
- Recent findings of long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCn-3 PUFAs) on atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease (CHD) contrasting studies in Western countries to Japan.Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2015; 25: 717-723https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcm.2015.03.001
- Icosapent ethyl: Eicosapentaenoic acid concentration and triglyceride-lowering effects across clinical studies.Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016; 125: 57-64https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostaglandins.2016.07.007
- Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on major coronary events in hypercholesterolaemic patients (JELIS): a randomised open-label, blinded endpoint analysis.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1090-1098https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60527-3
- INTERMAP: the dietary data–process and quality control.J Hum Hypertens. 2003; 17: 609-622https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1001604
- INTERMAP: background, aims, design, methods, and descriptive statistics (nondietary).J Hum Hypertens. 2003; 17: 591-608https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1001603
- Differences in cardiovascular disease risk factors between Japanese in Japan and Japanese-Americans in Hawaii: the INTERLIPID study.J Hum Hypertens. 2003; 17: 631-639https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1001606
- Relation of long chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid intake to serum high density lipoprotein cholesterol among Japanese men in Japan and Japanese-American men in Hawaii: the INTERLIPID study.Atherosclerosis. 2005; 178: 371-379https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2004.09.007
- Enhancing data on nutrient composition of foods eaten by participants in the INTERMAP study in China, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.J Food Comp Anal. 2003; 16: 395-408https://doi.org/10.1016/S0889-1575(03)00043-7
- A rapid method of total lipid extraction and purification.Can J Biochem Physiol. 1959; 37: 911-917https://doi.org/10.1139/o59-099
- Preparation of fatty acid methyl esters and dimethylacetals from lipids with boron fluoride–methanol.J Lipid Res. 1964; 5: 600-608
- A Taiwanese food frequency questionnaire correlates with plasma docosahexaenoic acid but not with plasma eicosapentaenoic acid levels: questionnaires and plasma biomarkers.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013; 13: 23https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2288-13-23
- Plasma trans-fatty acid concentrations continue to be associated with metabolic syndrome among US adults after reductions in trans-fatty acid intake.Nutr Res. 2017; 43: 51-59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nutres.2017.05.008
- Food labeling: trans fatty acids in nutrition labeling, nutrient content claims, and health claims. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2003; 68: 41433-41506
- Changing Consumer Demand for Meat: the US example, 1970-2000, changing structure of global food consumption and trade.Econ Res Serv. 2001; : 41-48
- Japan's beef market.US Department of Agriculture. Economic Research Service, Washington, DC2010 (LDP-M-194-01)
- Age-related changes of dietary intake and blood eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, and arachidonic acid levels in Japanese men and women.Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2011; 84: 131-137https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plefa.2011.01.001
- Association between achieved omega-3 fatty Acid Levels and major adverse cardiovascular outcomes in patients with high cardiovascular risk: A secondary analysis of the STRENGTH trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2021; 6: 910-917https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2021.1157
- Dietary intake of fish vs. formulations leads to higher plasma concentrations of n-3 fatty acids.Lipids. 2003; 38: 415-418https://doi.org/10.1007/s11745-003-1077-x
- Circulating n-3 fatty acids and linoleic acid as indicators of dietary fatty acid intake in post-myocardial infarction patients.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2019; 29: 343-350https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2018.12.010
- Trends in dietary supplement use among US adults from 1999-2012.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1464-1474https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.14403