- •Occasional HTG since childhood aggravated during pregnancy and led to pancreatitis.
- •Strict dietary fat restriction during pregnancy prevented acute pancreatitis.
- •Sequencing analysis revealed a novel homozygous nonsense variant in LMF1.
- •The plasma activities of lipoprotein lipase and hepatic lipase were markedly reduced.
- •Occasional childhood-onset HTG should be suspected for monogenic chylomicronemia.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Clinical Lipidology
- Severe hypertriglyceridemia in pregnancy.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: 2589-2596https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2012-1250
- Review of the clinical development of alipogene tiparvovec gene therapy for lipoprotein lipase deficiency.Atheroscler Suppl. 2010; 11: 55-60https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosissup.2010.03.004
- Plasma lipoproteins including high density lipoprotein subfractions during normal pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1985; 66: 468-472
- Current diagnosis and management of primary chylomicronemia.J Atheroscler Thromb. 2021; 28: 883-904https://doi.org/10.5551/jat.RV17054
- Emergent triglyceride-lowering therapy with early high-volume hemofiltration against low-molecular-weight heparin combined with insulin in hypertriglyceridemic pancreatitis: a prospective randomized controlled trial.J Clin Gastroenterol. 2016; 50: 772-778https://doi.org/10.1097/MCG.0000000000000552
- Identification of unique lipoprotein subclasses for visceral obesity by component analysis of cholesterol profile in high-performance liquid chromatography.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 578-584https://doi.org/10.1161/01.ATV.0000155017.60171.88
- An automated method for measuring lipoprotein lipase and hepatic triglyceride lipase activities in post-heparin plasma.Clin Chim Acta. 2018; 487: 54-59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2018.09.022
- Acute pancreatitis in pregnancy: an overview.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2011; 159: 261-266https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejogrb.2011.07.037
- Severe dyslipidemia in pregnancy: the role of therapeutic apheresis.Transfus Apher Sci. 2015; 53: 283-287https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2015.11.008
- Genetic variants associated with gestational hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10e0129488https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0129488
- Estrogen induced hypertriglyceridemia in an apolipoprotein AV deficient patient.J Intern Med. 2008; 263: 107-108https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2796.2007.01889.x
- APOA5 Q97X mutation identified through homozygosity mapping causes severe hypertriglyceridemia in a Chilean consanguineous family.BMC Med Genet. 2012; 13: 106https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2350-13-106
- Involvement of a homozygous exon 6 deletion of LMF1 gene in intermittent severe hypertriglyceridemia.J Clin Lipidol. 2020; 14: 756-761https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2020.09.004
- Mutations in LMF1 cause combined lipase deficiency and severe hypertriglyceridemia.Nat Genet. 2007; 39: 1483-1487https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.2007.24
- Novel LMF1 nonsense mutation in a patient with severe hypertriglyceridemia.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 4584-4590https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2009-0594
- Detailed analysis of lipolytic enzymes in a Japanese woman of familial lipoprotein lipase deficiency - Effects of pemafibrate treatment.Clin Chim Acta. 2020; 510: 216-219https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2020.07.031
- Lipid metabolism in pregnancy and its consequences in the fetus and newborn.Endocrine. 2002; 19: 43-55https://doi.org/10.1385/ENDO:19:1:43
- Dissociation of apoprotein B and triglyceride production in very-low-density lipoproteins.Am J Physiol. 1980; 239: E354-E362https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.1980.239.5.E354
- Overproduction of very low-density lipoproteins is the hallmark of the dyslipidemia in the metabolic syndrome.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008; 28: 1225-1236https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.107.160192
- Critical role of SREBP-1c large-VLDL pathway in environment-induced hypertriglyceridemia of Apo AV deficiency.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2019; 39: 373-386https://doi.org/10.1161/ATVBAHA.118.311931
- Identification and diagnosis of patients with familial chylomicronaemia syndrome (FCS): expert panel recommendations and proposal of an “FCS score.Atherosclerosis. 2018; 275: 265-272https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2018.06.814
- Genetic testing in dyslipidemia: a scientific statement from the national lipid association.J Clin Lipidol. 2020; 14: 398-413https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2020.04.011
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Declaration of Competing Interest: The authors declare that there are no conflicts of interest that could be perceived as prejudicing the impartiality of the reported research.
Authors’ contributions: Writing the manuscript: M.T. and H.O.; Conceptualization and methodology: M.T. and H.O.; Data acquisition, investigation, and data analysis: M.T., S.T., H.I., T.Y., S.O., and H.O.; Editing the manuscript: M.T., S.T., H.I., T.Y., S.O., and H.O. All authors have read and approved the final manuscript.